Thibodaux Regional Sleep Disorders Center
Thibodaux Regional's accredited Sleep Disorders Center has four hotel-like bedrooms with private bathrooms, state-of-the-art computerized monitoring technology, two patient evaluation and examination rooms, and a reception area. The Center features a relaxing environment so that patients may unwind as they would at home.
Below are documents to facilitate your stay at the Thibodaux Regional Sleep Disorders Center. Select a document link to view and/or print the file.
Patient Instructions for Sleep Testing
Sleep History Questionnaire
Thibodaux Regional has a team of specially trained staff in our Sleep Disorders Center to provide education, testing and treatment planning for patients with sleep problems. The team is led by a medical doctor who is certified by the American Board of Sleep Medicine and board certified in Pulmonology and Internal Medicine. The team is also supported by registered polysomnographers (sleep technologists) and respiratory therapists.
You will be asked questions by the team about your medical history and sleep patterns to determine the best testing method for you. Some sleep tests are performed at night, while others may involve “napping” studies during the day. Based on your test results, our Center will design a treatment plan that is best suited to your needs. Depending upon your needs, other medical disciplines – such as Neurology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Cardiology, ENT, Pediatrics and Dentistry – may be consulted.
The Sleep Disorders Center of Thibodaux Regional is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. With this accreditation status we have met the highest standards governing sleep centers and have proven to have effective test and treatment planning. Among the standards that have been met are:
- Sleep Medicine Board Certified Medical Director on staff
- Registered Sleep Technologists on staff
- Multidisciplinary Referral Process in place
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may have a sleep disorder. Do any of the following apply to you?
- I’ve been told that I snore.
- I have headaches in the morning.
- I’ve been told that I stop breathing while I sleep.
- I feel sleepy during the day, even after a good night’s sleep.
- I experience vivid nightmares soon after falling asleep.
- I sometimes fall asleep while I’m driving.
- I regularly experience muscle tension in my legs.
The Sleep Disorders Center treats all of the following disorders and more:
- Sleep Apnea
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)
- Childhood and Adolescence Sleep Problems
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call and make an appointment with our sleep specialist. We can help put your sleep problems to rest.
For more information call (985) 493-4759.