Cancer Screening Information
Your Best Defense Against Cancer
Cancer can be a fatal disease, but you have the power to beat it. To protect
yourself against cancer or detect the disease in the early, most treatable
stages, it is important to receive regular screenings.
In addition to these solutions, Thibodaux Regional provides a wide range
of cancer detection and prevention screenings throughout the community
and is a major source for cancer education and information. We also make
available social workers who can assist with financial and emotional concerns.
Regular Screenings Available through the Cancer Center:
- All women beginning at age 40, or as recommended by your physician if you
have a family history of breast cancer
- Pap Smear
- All women beginning at age 18 or when sexually active.
- Recommended by physician
- Digital rectal exam
- All men age 50 and older, or as recommended by your physician if you have
a family history of cancer
- Every 10 years
- Men and women age 50 and older, or as recommended by your physician if
you have a family history of cancer
- Every 3 years (annually at age 40)
- Physician Skin Exam
- Men and women age 20 and older
For more information on cancer screenings and treatments, please call the
Cancer Center of Thibodaux Regional at (985) 493-4008.