What if You Have Possible or Confirmed COVID-19
There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for COVID-19. If you
have COVID-19 you should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms.
For severe cases, treatment should include care to support vital organ function.
Ten steps for managing your health at home:
- Contact your health care provider. DO NOT go to your healthcare provider's
office without calling first. If you do not have one, call Thibodaux Regional
Health System at 985.493.4326.
- Stay home except to get medical care. Avoid using any kind of public transportation,
ridesharing, or taxis.
Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, call your
healthcare provider immediately.
Older adults and people of any age with certain serious underlying medical
conditions like lung disease, heart disease, or diabetes are for developing
more serious complications from COVID-19 illness and should seek care
as soon as symptoms start.
- Get rest and stay hydrated.
- For medical emergencies, call 911 and notify the dispatch personnel that
you have or may have COVID-19.
- Cover your cough and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or clean
your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least
- As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people
in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
If you need to be around other people in or outside of the home, wear
- Avoid sharing personal items with other people in your household, like
dishes, towels, and bedding
- Clean all surfaces that are touched often, like counters, tabletops, and
doorknobs. Use household cleaning sprays or wipes according to the label
For any additional questions about your care, contact your healthcare provider.
Other Articles of Interest