Wellness Education Center
The Wellness Education Center of Thibodaux Regional offers something to
fit all wellness educational needs. From medically directed programs,
to individual & group wellness sessions, we will help you to maximize
your quality of life.
Medically Directed Programs (Require Physician Referral):
Diabetes Self-Management Program: Complete diabetes’ care to optimize diabetes control
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy: Diagnosis specific nutrition counseling (i.e. lower cholesterol, weight loss)
Bariatric Nutritional Preparation: Individual preparation for weight loss surgery
This is individual wellness/weight loss nutrition counseling with a Registered
Dietitian. No physician referral required. Package pricing is available
to fit your needs.
Lifestyle Changes= Weight Management Group Series
This program is led by Registered Dietitians and Registered Nurses and
teaches participants to make changes in their lifestyle to promote healthy
eating and regular physical exercise.
- Basics of weight loss
- Meal planning and portion control
- Label-reading and Grocery Shopping
- Physical Activity and Eating Out
- Barriers to Losing Weight
- Tools to keep you on track and motivated
Program includes eight 1-hour weekly sessions. Sessions offered at least
three times per year starting in January, April, and September.
- Babysitting classes help prepare teenagers to safely care for children
- Growing Up classes are offered to help adolescents transition into adulthood
- Community CPR & First Aid Classes train participants at lifesaving skills
Free Screenings: The Wellness Education Center offers free blood pressure and blood glucose
screenings weekly to help evaluate your personal health risks.
Call (985) 493-4765 to get started on your wellness journey today.