By: Lilli Rozanski, MS, RDN, LDN, Sports and Fitness Dietitian, Thibodaux
Regional Health System
Add this easy and refreshing dessert to your summer celebrations! With
a burst of berry flavor, your kids will love these healthy, creamy popsicles.
Creamy Yogurt Popsicles with Berries
Yield: 10–15 popsicles
- 6 ounces fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 2 cups unsweetened plain whole-milk kefir or Greek yogurt
- In a food processor or blender, blend one type of berries until pureed
and pourable like liquid. Pour the berry puree into a bowl and rinse out
the food processor. Blend the second type of berries and transfer the
puree to a bowl.
- Alternate layers of the yogurt and berry purees in each popsicle mold.
To make swirls, spoon roughly 1 tablespoon of the yogurt followed by one
type of the berry puree. Use a chopstick to swirl it together, and repeat
the layers until the mold is full.
- Place in freezer for 24 hours.